Sunday 18 March 2012

Beefranck’s Emporium – Postcards from the cosmos

Beefranck’s Emporium – Postcards from the cosmos:

I saw this work posted on tumblr and I love it so much I wanted to share it here.

Holly, who created these pieces, says: As a fairly new analogue photography addict, I have an increasing collection of photo prints and very little room to store them. (I live in a space only marginally bigger than a cupboard.) And since I’m not quite that world-renowned photographer capturing something breathtaking in every frame (yet) I imagine that trying to sell the prints would result in a drop in self-esteem and no increase in storage space.


But then, armed with the knowledge that Carl Sagan makes everything better, I had the idea of using the prints as fabric on which to stitch quotes from the book Cosmos. And so here are the beginnings of my little art project, Postcards From The Cosmos.




This series makes me happy. I can’t wait to see what Holly comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment