Tuesday 4 October 2011

I got my eye on you...

I got my eye on you...:
>> If all jewellery installations were like the one I saw at Delfina Delettrez' latest 'Love is in the Hair' collection presentation, I'm more than likely to venture to write about something I know nothing about and be well prepared to be slated to bits for it. Fine jewellery is a world that is beyond me. Its terminology of silver/gold/diamond weights, semi/full/non precious stones and settings, chains and clasps is something I've yet to acquire. Delettrez therefore made it a whole lot easier for me to digest by bringing wigs into play. Wigs created by opera wig maestros in Rome to be exact, designed to Delettrez' specification ranging from goddesses to pop icons to Marie Antoinette types. Delettrez' eye is still everywhere, gazing at you from rings and pendants but the idea really came from encasing locks of hair in resin, an old fashioned token of love that developed into this madcap installation that did not fail to make everyone in Parisian sweltering heat smile and squeal a bit. Marie Claire's Taylor Tomasi-Hill, who was at the presentation marvelling at it all, got it in one - "You'd have to be a very boring person to NOT like this!" I'm inclined to agree....

IMG_4646

IMG_4648

IMG_4649

IMG_4654

IMG_4660

IMG_4661

IMG_4652

IMG_4662

IMG_4664

IMG_4668

IMG_4670

IMG_4673

IMG_4674

No comments:

Post a Comment