Monday 4 March 2013

Brook&Lyn

Brook&Lyn:
Amy and I have been obsessing about woven wall hangings for a while now. She’s been bookmarking great vintage options on Etsy, and I’ve been slowly stalking all my favorite contemporary designers. I picked up a great wall hanging by Nightwood during their One Kings Lane sale, but I’ve been eying a few more to add to my collection. At the top of my list are these jaw-dropping designs by Brook&Lyn’s Mimi Jung. I first saw Mimi’s designs at Of a Kind (you can listen to their After the Jump interview here), but her latest designs are breathtaking. Each of her incredibly lush wall hangings are made with a mix of yarn, copper and natural materials like palm tree bark. The colorful pieces above and below (check out that eye design — swoon) are my favorites, but you can view her full collection online right here. If I happen to stumble upon a stack of one hundred dollar bills any time soon, I’m going to make one of these mine. The texture makes me weak in the knees. xo, grace


brookandlyn_mimi_jung_weaving_3 3_DesignSponge_brookandlyn_mimi_jung_weaving_11 4_DesignSponge_brookandlyn_mimi_jung_weaving_11 2_DesignSponge_BrookandLyn 1_DesignSponge_brookandlyn_mimi_jung_weaving_11
More images after the jump . . .
(more…)



No comments:

Post a Comment